Breastfeeding advice and support during Covid-19
Updated on 02/11/20
Breastfeeding advice and support
From Monday 23rd March, we will be operating a video and telephone breastfeeding support service. The service will operate 7 days a week, 9am – 3pm.
The process for accessing support once you have been discharged home is as follows:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following details:
- your name and telephone number
- your baby’s date of birth and NHS number
Someone will be checking the inbox several times a day, and we will aim to get back to you within 24 hours at most.
If you are very worried about your baby’s feeding and can’t wait for a response, are very distressed, or don’t have internet access/email, you can call us instead:
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 3pm call the community midwifery office on 0208 510 5761
- Saturday and Sunday, 8am – 12pm 0208 510 5761
- Outside of these hours, until 8pm every day, or if you cannot reach the community midwifery team, call the maternity helpline on 0208 510 5955
- Our postnatal ward team are available overnight for very urgent queries on 0208 510 5761
We are requesting that you email if possible. However, we are here if you need to speak to us on the telephone. We are committed to supporting you to feed your baby in the way that suits you and supporting your transition to parenthood.
Online baby feeding support
The Daubeney Chidlren’s Centre together with the Breastfeeding Network are offering an online breastfeeding drop in.
It runs every Wednesday at 1.30pm – 3pm on Google Meet.
Please email email@example.com